Requirements to enter
Requirements to enter
These are the requirements, for both the novel and author, to enter the contest. Make sure you, the author, and your novel meet all these requirements before entering.
- The novel has to be published on or between January 1st 2013 and December 31st 2019 and be currently available for sale.
- The novel must be book 1 in a series or a standalone.
- The novel has to be fiction, written in English prose and a full novel. Anthologies, short story bundles and similar collections will be declined.
- The novel must be independently/self-published or published by an independent press. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure publisher and author are in agreement about entry and that all terms and conditions can be met
- The novel has to be over 40,000 words.
- The author must be aged 18 or older at the time of entering.
- The author may only submit their own work, and not that of another author, and only if they have the correct rights and/or permissions to do so. We are not responsible for any legal consequences. Posthumous submissions are not accepted.
- The author is to provide any and all trigger and content warnings for any potentially sensitive content. These are used for both the judging process and the safety of panel members. Sensitive content can be, but is not limited to: racism, discrimination, disrespect towards any member of the LGBTQIA+ community or the community as a whole, misogyny, disrespect to disabled people, or any minority group, abuse be it sexual, physical, mental, animal cruelty etc. We are not responsible for low scoring from our panel if you fail to provide any and all trigger warnings.
- The author is to provide all info asked for in the sign-up form, excerpts of the novel and the novel itself when asked for. The author is to provide the excerpts in PDF when their entry is confirmed via email prior to the start of the contest. The author is to provide the full novel if they proceed to the final round. The novel is to be available in different formats, such as, but not limited to, ePUB and mobi. The digital copies should be formatted to industry standards.
- Authors currently serving a custodial prison sentence are not eligible to submit.